There are 5 self-help resources:
1) Money Advice Referral Tools (MARTs)These have been developed by Greater Manchester Poverty Action in partnership with local authorities, foodbanks, other voluntary groups, and people currently living in poverty. There are Greater Manchester borough specific versions for Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan. We strongly recommend that you read the ‘How to use the Money Advice Tools’ guide.
2) Citizens’ Advice Help to Claim information
Bury & Bolton Citizens’ Advice is the district lead office for Help to Claim in Greater Manchester. They can take referrals from all other Citizens’ Advice offices in Greater Manchester.
Find out more from the Citizens’ Advice Bury and Bolton website (www.cabb.org.uk) (opens in a new window)
You can directly access the self-referral form here. (opens in a new window)
3) Signposting to cost of living support for the GMMH footprint, including emergency assistance (updated)
4) Signposting to national organisations which provide cost of living advice and support.
5) Links to online tools and calculators from MoneyHelper.
These tools and calculators from MoneyHelper will help you quickly work out the figures you need for some of the most common money situations you may find yourself in.